The quest for amazing skin.. Seems daunting right? But with the proper care and maintenance you will be there in no time! In the meantime, here are a few ways to gradually improve your skin:
1. Stop falling asleep in makeup (even mineral makeup).
2. Drink more water (preferably half your body weight in ounces daily).
3. Stop eating processed foods (at least cut this out most of the time).
4. Don’t use cleansers that contain sulfates that will strip your skin of its natural oils.
5. Exfoliate your skin once per week.
6. Always wear sunscreen when going outdoors.
7. Change your pillow cases several times a week and preferably sleep on a satin case (great for your hair too).
8. Steam out your pores at least twice monthly. This will help them reamin free of excess oil.
9. Follow a skin care regimen for your skin type.
10. Don’t touch your face unless you are cleansing or applying facial products.
11. Get at least 8 hours of sleep nightly.
12. Increase the circulation and oxygen levels in your skin with exercise.
13. Don’t leave toner out of your skin care regimen. It closes pores that have been opened from cleansing.
14. Avoid or minimize stress.
15. Stop picking at scabs or scars.
And most importantly: Be patient with your skin and don’t rush the process.
Many usually wonder or ask: what’s the best hair growth aid?’, ‘Which products for hair growth actually work?’ ‘Which one are you using’ etc,etc. Unfortunately, there is no magic pill/oil/ that will help you retain your length year after year. Retaining length is usually done through consistency and nurture of your locks through a great regimen. Having said that, here is a list of the top 7 products for hair growth out there based on most of the forums on the hair boards.
1.Fast Grow Hair Growth Enhancer Pills – These hair pills are quickly becoming one of the most popular vitamins of their type in the hair care community. They are an all round hair multi-vitamin that claim to boost your hair growth substantially depending on your hair care practices. Plenty of anecdotal evidence shows that they do in fact cause faster hair growth. The mechanisms of this lie in the mix of ingredients. Among it’s nutrients, they contain msm which extends the hair growth phase as well as biotin, vitamin B-12, niacin & silica.
Hairfinity Hair Vitamins are formulated with hair specific nutrients to nourish your hair from the INSIDE OUT and promote faster growing, longer, thicker, stronger hair, and more vibrant hair. They claim that most of their customers report their results and see 3/4 to 1 inch per month of growth. However, growth rates can vary. This product contains the basic nutrients for overall health. By increasing your hair strength and elasticity, you will have less breakage. This will allow your hair to reach longer lengths faster.
2. Miconazole Nitrate aka MN – Miconazole nitrate is a synthetic antifungal usually available in a tube as a cream. It is used for the treatment of certain fungal infections in the body. What’s that got to do with hair? All nitrates are good oxidizing agents. Hence miconazole nitrate hair growth includes the procedure of providing oxygen for the hair when used in the process of hair restoration and hair growth.
Biotin is necessary for cell growth, the production of fatty acids, and the metabolism of fats and amino acids. The signs and symptoms of biotin deficiency include hair loss that progresses in severity to include loss of eyelashes and eyebrows in severely deficient subjects. Biotin supplements are available in pharmacies with doses beginning with 5000mcg per day, as with fingernails. Some shampoos are available that contain biotin, but it is doubtful whether they would have any useful effect, as biotin is not absorbed well through the skin.
4. Cayenne Pepper with oil
Sounds crazy but the theory goes like this: When applied external on the human skin, rubefacient herbs like cayenne pepper causes irritation and redness of the skin-consequently, there is the attraction of the blood towards the area of the skin where the rubefacient herb was applied. If applied to the scalp, increased blood flow to the hair follicles translates to hair growth? Seems to be a hit on the hair forums!
5. Nioxin Vitamins – These vitamins claim to help promote healthy hair growth, promote more youthful looking skin and strengthen nails. They aid improvement in elasticity, thickness and collagen formation. Many ladies are reporting increased hair growth while using them.
6. Msm/ Sulfur
Sulphur is a mineral present in every cell in the human body, with its greatest concentration in hair, skin and nails. It has often been called the “beauty mineral” and the “healing mineral” because of its ability to promote circulation and decrease inflammation. These qualities also lend to the theory that adequate amounts of sulphur can jump-start hair growth in people with deficiencies. Sulphur is present in protein-rich foods containing high levels of the amino acids methionine and cysteine. These foods include meat, fish, legumes, nuts, eggs, and vegetables, especially onions. However, sulphur has recently become a popular nutritional supplement and topical treatment, thanks to the discovery of methylsulfonylmethane, or MSM.
7.Wild Hair Growth
This product is plant based biologically and has friendly ingredients that contains: Olive
Oil, Coconut Oil, and Jojoba Oil. Despite the smell of this product, many swear by this product.
Have you tried any of these hair products for hair growth?
What is oil rinsing and how does it help natural hair?
Oil rinsing is simply an extra step between shampooing and conditioning that promises to make detangling a breeze, make your hair retain moisture much better and increase softness and shine. All in all, it is a like a hot oil treatment done while you are in the shower.
The advantages of Oil Rinsing:
• Moisture retention
• Smooth, soft hair
• Reduction/elimination of single strand knots
• Easier detangling
• Natural shine enhancer
Here’s how you do an oil rinse:
• Start by shampooing your hair, if you are co washing only then just rinse your hair, but make sure it gets soaked.
• Coat your wet hair with about a handful (about ½ cup or so) of your favourite oil like olive, jojoba, castor etc.
• Rinse the oil off with hot water.
• Proceed to apply conditioner to your strands liberally.
• Rinse with cool water while detangling. This should be quick and painless!
• Apply your leave in conditioner and seal
Have you tried the oil rinsing method on your hair?
Hair Butters are a great way to add moisture to your natural hair. Here are 5 great hair butters to choose from what will help seal in moisture and add shine to your tresses.
Curlaide Moisture Butter – Camille Rose Naturals
This butter has a little bit of hold, for more defined twists/braids or slicked back styles/updos, also can be used for wash and go’s.
Jane Carter Solution Nourish & Shine
Great moisturizer and mostly used as a sealer and finishing product. Light and fresh scent, provides softness and shine. A little goes a long way.
Bee Hold Curly Butter – Bee Mine
Bee Mine Bee Hold Curly Butter has a soft, touchable hold that will help to defrizz your waves, curls and kinks and give your hair great definition. Works well for twists, finger curls, puffs/pony tails and especially for laying down unruly hair. It has a light hold and does not weigh your hair down. Also has a coconut Cream Scent.
Belle Butters-Shea and Matcha Green Tea Butter.
Absolutely love this product! Not only does this product moisturize your hair, it softens it as well. It also strengthens and softens hair while preventing split ends.
Karen’s Body Beautiful Butter Love
This is a very rich hair product. A little goes a long way and it smells very nice (vanilla lavender). Conditions, softens and adds sheen to fragile, stressed hair. Great for thick
I came across this hilarious parody by the lovely MyInvisibleChyrsalis. Where she discusses the politics of it all. The products, the 50-11 million ways to do a twist out. The Hair Nazi’s, Relaxed vs. Natural. With pros comes cons. The divisiveness, the hair typing, constant articles about why we do what we do to our hair. At the end of the day like she says: It’s just hurr. Natural hair is beautiful. It’s big, it’s kinky, curly, coily. It’s bold, it’s soft and oh, so feminine. This video is less to do with the hair, and more to do with what comes with the hair, lol. Check out the video below:)
Enjoy guys!! Xoxo