New product haul! I am absolutely in love with this product. I finally purchased the 8 oz size, but before that I actually had a trial size. A few months ago while I was thrifting, there was a set of Hair Rules Products in a package, for dirt cheap. So I decided to buy it, although I didn’t really try it until now recently. So I was in need of cleansing my hair and I did not want to use shampoo, but needed something more effective than co-washing. So what the heck, I decided to give this product a go! And I loved it! It instantly softened and detangled my hair and it smells soo good! It left my hair feeling so moisturized and I was done detangling in the matter of minutes! My hair felt cleansed, soft, and hydrated. This product is great for cleansing your hair without that lathering feel of shampoo, which dries out your hair. So if your looking for an awesome no suds shampoo that will detangle and leave your hair moisturized and cleansed, this is definitely a cream cleanser worth trying. This product is around 12-13 bucks and can be purchased at Rickys, or Amazon.com. Ingredients:
Water, cetyl alcohol, isodecyl neopentanoate, butylenes glycol, amodimethicone, behentrimonium chloride, cetrimonium chloride, panthenol, honey, hedychium coronarium (awaphui) root extract, cymbopogon schoeanthus (lemongrass) extract, humulus lupulus (hops) extract, coix lacryma-jobi seed extract, crambe abyssinica seed oil, PEG-40 hydrogenated castor oil, fragrance, hydroxyethylcellulose, ceteareth-20, laureth-40, isopropanol, DMDM hydantoin, iodopropynyl butylcarbamate, disodium EDTA. Sulfate free, paraben free, glycerin free.
What is your “go to “no suds shampoo?
With the colder weather approaching us, many of us are finding ways to keep our tresses protected. And one of the best ways to keep those ends tucked in is by protective styling. Here are 5 easy ways to keep your hair protected:
1. Havana/Marley Twists
One of my favorite hairstyles, it is very versatile and durable.
Head Wraps are such a quick and easy style on the go, especially for those who are not into protective hair-styling or may not have the time. You can manage to keep your ends protected and all in a matter of minutes!
3. Mini Twists
Mini Twists are another great versatile hairstyle and there is no need to add extra hair.
4. Side-Fishtail Braid
Absolutely love this elegant style, it’s a quick style to achieve on the go and you can wear it to any occasion.
5. Braided Halo
Another great protective hairstyle that you can manage within minutes and wear for weeks and not to mention, super cute!
The quest for amazing skin.. Seems daunting right? But with the proper care and maintenance you will be there in no time! In the meantime, here are a few ways to gradually improve your skin:
1. Stop falling asleep in makeup (even mineral makeup).
2. Drink more water (preferably half your body weight in ounces daily).
3. Stop eating processed foods (at least cut this out most of the time).
4. Don’t use cleansers that contain sulfates that will strip your skin of its natural oils.
5. Exfoliate your skin once per week.
6. Always wear sunscreen when going outdoors.
7. Change your pillow cases several times a week and preferably sleep on a satin case (great for your hair too).
8. Steam out your pores at least twice monthly. This will help them reamin free of excess oil.
9. Follow a skin care regimen for your skin type.
10. Don’t touch your face unless you are cleansing or applying facial products.
11. Get at least 8 hours of sleep nightly.
12. Increase the circulation and oxygen levels in your skin with exercise.
13. Don’t leave toner out of your skin care regimen. It closes pores that have been opened from cleansing.
14. Avoid or minimize stress.
15. Stop picking at scabs or scars.
And most importantly: Be patient with your skin and don’t rush the process.
Many usually wonder or ask: what’s the best hair growth aid?’, ‘Which products for hair growth actually work?’ ‘Which one are you using’ etc,etc. Unfortunately, there is no magic pill/oil/ that will help you retain your length year after year. Retaining length is usually done through consistency and nurture of your locks through a great regimen. Having said that, here is a list of the top 7 products for hair growth out there based on most of the forums on the hair boards.
1.Fast Grow Hair Growth Enhancer Pills – These hair pills are quickly becoming one of the most popular vitamins of their type in the hair care community. They are an all round hair multi-vitamin that claim to boost your hair growth substantially depending on your hair care practices. Plenty of anecdotal evidence shows that they do in fact cause faster hair growth. The mechanisms of this lie in the mix of ingredients. Among it’s nutrients, they contain msm which extends the hair growth phase as well as biotin, vitamin B-12, niacin & silica.
Hairfinity Hair Vitamins are formulated with hair specific nutrients to nourish your hair from the INSIDE OUT and promote faster growing, longer, thicker, stronger hair, and more vibrant hair. They claim that most of their customers report their results and see 3/4 to 1 inch per month of growth. However, growth rates can vary. This product contains the basic nutrients for overall health. By increasing your hair strength and elasticity, you will have less breakage. This will allow your hair to reach longer lengths faster.
2. Miconazole Nitrate aka MN – Miconazole nitrate is a synthetic antifungal usually available in a tube as a cream. It is used for the treatment of certain fungal infections in the body. What’s that got to do with hair? All nitrates are good oxidizing agents. Hence miconazole nitrate hair growth includes the procedure of providing oxygen for the hair when used in the process of hair restoration and hair growth.
Biotin is necessary for cell growth, the production of fatty acids, and the metabolism of fats and amino acids. The signs and symptoms of biotin deficiency include hair loss that progresses in severity to include loss of eyelashes and eyebrows in severely deficient subjects. Biotin supplements are available in pharmacies with doses beginning with 5000mcg per day, as with fingernails. Some shampoos are available that contain biotin, but it is doubtful whether they would have any useful effect, as biotin is not absorbed well through the skin.
4. Cayenne Pepper with oil
Sounds crazy but the theory goes like this: When applied external on the human skin, rubefacient herbs like cayenne pepper causes irritation and redness of the skin-consequently, there is the attraction of the blood towards the area of the skin where the rubefacient herb was applied. If applied to the scalp, increased blood flow to the hair follicles translates to hair growth? Seems to be a hit on the hair forums!
5. Nioxin Vitamins – These vitamins claim to help promote healthy hair growth, promote more youthful looking skin and strengthen nails. They aid improvement in elasticity, thickness and collagen formation. Many ladies are reporting increased hair growth while using them.
6. Msm/ Sulfur
Sulphur is a mineral present in every cell in the human body, with its greatest concentration in hair, skin and nails. It has often been called the “beauty mineral” and the “healing mineral” because of its ability to promote circulation and decrease inflammation. These qualities also lend to the theory that adequate amounts of sulphur can jump-start hair growth in people with deficiencies. Sulphur is present in protein-rich foods containing high levels of the amino acids methionine and cysteine. These foods include meat, fish, legumes, nuts, eggs, and vegetables, especially onions. However, sulphur has recently become a popular nutritional supplement and topical treatment, thanks to the discovery of methylsulfonylmethane, or MSM.
7.Wild Hair Growth
This product is plant based biologically and has friendly ingredients that contains: Olive
Oil, Coconut Oil, and Jojoba Oil. Despite the smell of this product, many swear by this product.
Have you tried any of these hair products for hair growth?
What is oil rinsing and how does it help natural hair?
Oil rinsing is simply an extra step between shampooing and conditioning that promises to make detangling a breeze, make your hair retain moisture much better and increase softness and shine. All in all, it is a like a hot oil treatment done while you are in the shower.
The advantages of Oil Rinsing:
• Moisture retention
• Smooth, soft hair
• Reduction/elimination of single strand knots
• Easier detangling
• Natural shine enhancer
Here’s how you do an oil rinse:
• Start by shampooing your hair, if you are co washing only then just rinse your hair, but make sure it gets soaked.
• Coat your wet hair with about a handful (about ½ cup or so) of your favourite oil like olive, jojoba, castor etc.
• Rinse the oil off with hot water.
• Proceed to apply conditioner to your strands liberally.
• Rinse with cool water while detangling. This should be quick and painless!
• Apply your leave in conditioner and seal
Have you tried the oil rinsing method on your hair?