Disclosure: Although consideration was provided by Target, the opinions expressed herein are of my own.
SheaMoisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil; Strengthen, Grow & Restore Styling Lotion
I have been heavily anticipating the new Jamaican Black Castor Oil line, by SheaMoisture, for as long as I remember. And then, just when I least expected it, I got the Target Beauty Box in the mail this month, which is a fun box of beauty products that anyone can purchase at Target. And I was very excited to see that there was a SheaMoisture hair product along with more goodies to try.
When I first got my hands on the SheaMoisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil, Strengthen, Grow & Restore Styling Lotion, I noticed that even though it was a travel sized product, it was still sufficient to last a few weeks and, of course, perfect for traveling and on the go.
I opened the bottle immediately to get a whiff of what it smelled like and if you like the smell of Play-doh, you are in for a treat! The texture is also very light, being that it is water-based; this is perfect especially for people who prefer a light consistency rather than a heavy product.
I really liked that this product is formulated with certified organic ingredients and is meant to target chemically processed hair. Being that I have color-treated hair, this product aims to strengthen grow and restore. It also has hair growth properties to stimulate hair growth.
Upon using the JBCO Styling Lotion, I did notice that my hair did feel softer and more hydrated. I was able to style my hair effortlessly, but on the contrary, it does not pair well with other products. It is best if used alone or with other products from the JBCO line.
I love incorporating new items into my daily regimen and this is just one that I definitely see being a staple in my hair regimen. One tip for trying out new hair products, especially if you have curly hair, is to check if the product is water based. Not only is it very moisturizing, but also it will hydrate and nourish the hair deeply within the hair shaft. Water-based products are very necessary.
Here’s what else is in the Target Beauty Box:
• Dove Advanced Hair Series Quench Absolute Supreme Crème Serum – It’s a creme serum formulated for curly, course hair. It’s a leave-in treatment meant to nourish and treat hair, providing 4X more defined natural curls.
• Aquaphor Healing Ointment – Not only does this come in travel size and ready to go, but this is a multi-purpose healing ointment. It can be used for minor burns, cracked skin, dry hands and minor cuts and scrapes.
• Colgate Optic White Fresh Mint Toothpaste– Perfect travel-sized toothpaste for traveling and on the go!
I also received 2 full sized products:
(1) Jane Carter Revitalizing Leave-In Conditioner– I have never tried this product, but it is meant to condition as it de-tangles and it also protects from heat styling which is a bonus! Although I must say it smells great and it is made up of organic ingredients which is even better.
(2) Curls Crème Brulee Whipped Curl Cream– this curl defining creme is bomb! I used this a lot when I had my pixie cut and I still use it now. My curls feel super soft and hydrated and I also love that it is made up of organic ingredients as well.
Find your style @targetstyle