As the temperatures are dropping, naturals are hastening to uncover a definitive protective hair style. Now, if you are not an enthusiast of protective hairstyling, will you still secure your hair without having your ends being tucked away?
Here a couple of tips:
• Deep Condition– Moisture is the key! Week by week deep conditioning for no less than 30 minutes serves to recharge the moisture back into the hair.
• Hair Steaming– The steam opens up the follicles of your hair for deeper penetration.
• Protein Treatments– Protein helps fill in the holes that have been created from chemical processing. Incorporating protein treatments into your hair care regimen is essential to the health of your hair.
• Shampooing in Sections– Shampooing your tresses (with a moisturizing shampoo) in sections allows you to have more control over the process. Smaller sections will result in less tangles and decrease hair loss.
• Dry Styling– Dry styling aids in preventing curls from coiling around each other creating more tangles resulting in breakage. (bantu knots, twist outs, braid outs)
• Leave in Conditioner– A good leave in conditioner will ensure that the detangling process is much easier while adding moisture and maintaining those moisture levels for a longer period of time.
• Low Manipulation– Limit all of that twisting and twirling, once it has been styled is unnecessary manipulation that could ultimately lead to breakage.
• Zero or Minimal Heat– Minimizing the heat exposure to your hair will prevent irreversible damage and changes in your curl pattern. Keep those blow dryers and flat irons at bay as much as possible.