Have you ever considered diffusing your hair? Or wanted to know the main purpose of a diffuser?
The air force from a hair dryer can ruin clumping and curl formation. A hair diffuser can reduce the air velocity from your hair dryer, allowing you to dry your hair without disturbing your curls. Diffusers are also perfect if you are in a hurry and need to dry your hair quickly. They also are great for adding volume to your curls.Here are 6 quick tips on how to use a hair diffuser to keep your curls looking great every day.
- Use a diffuser that fits your hair dryer. Universal Hair dryers work well with just about any hair dryer.
- When using a diffuser, you want to tilt your head upside down to allow the curls to hang away from the scalp, or lift them up from underneath Have your favorite stylers in your hair. If you have time, let your hair air dry for a little while before you start to dry it with a hair dryer and the diffuser.
- Set your hair dryers heat setting to medium. If you are in a hurry the hot setting will work but be careful not to over dry your hair. That will cause frizz to occur. If you are undergoing a no heat regimen, use the cool setting. It will take longer but it is just as effective.
- Hang your head sideways or upside down. Touch your hair gently and put curls in bowl of diffuser.
- Be careful not to disrupt clumping and curl formation. This is a gentle but tricky process.
- Keep this up. Working in sections until hair is 80-90% dry, then let the remainder air dry for a long-lasting style.
Here is a tutorial by Naturally Curious showing us how she uses the diffuser on her Natural Hair: