What is oil rinsing and how does it help natural hair?
Oil rinsing is simply an extra step between shampooing and conditioning that promises to make detangling a breeze, make your hair retain moisture much better and increase softness and shine. All in all, it is a like a hot oil treatment done while you are in the shower.
The advantages of Oil Rinsing:
• Moisture retention
• Smooth, soft hair
• Reduction/elimination of single strand knots
• Easier detangling
• Natural shine enhancer
Here’s how you do an oil rinse:
• Start by shampooing your hair, if you are co washing only then just rinse your hair, but make sure it gets soaked.
• Coat your wet hair with about a handful (about ½ cup or so) of your favourite oil like olive, jojoba, castor etc.
• Rinse the oil off with hot water.
• Proceed to apply conditioner to your strands liberally.
• Rinse with cool water while detangling. This should be quick and painless!
• Apply your leave in conditioner and seal
Have you tried the oil rinsing method on your hair?