The quest for amazing skin.. Seems daunting right? But with the proper care and maintenance you will be there in no time! In the meantime, here are a few ways to gradually improve your skin:
1. Stop falling asleep in makeup (even mineral makeup).
2. Drink more water (preferably half your body weight in ounces daily).
3. Stop eating processed foods (at least cut this out most of the time).
4. Don’t use cleansers that contain sulfates that will strip your skin of its natural oils.
5. Exfoliate your skin once per week.
6. Always wear sunscreen when going outdoors.
7. Change your pillow cases several times a week and preferably sleep on a satin case (great for your hair too).
8. Steam out your pores at least twice monthly. This will help them reamin free of excess oil.
9. Follow a skin care regimen for your skin type.
10. Don’t touch your face unless you are cleansing or applying facial products.
11. Get at least 8 hours of sleep nightly.
12. Increase the circulation and oxygen levels in your skin with exercise.
13. Don’t leave toner out of your skin care regimen. It closes pores that have been opened from cleansing.
14. Avoid or minimize stress.
15. Stop picking at scabs or scars.
And most importantly: Be patient with your skin and don’t rush the process.